Today I’ll be reviewing The Magpie’s Daughter, by Fiona Skye. The book is set in the same universe as her Revelations series, and has some character and event overlap with it. Here’s the cover and blurb:
When Aeryn Walker receives a mysterious package for her sixteenth birthday, she has no idea that what’s hidden inside will catapult her into a dangerous adventure, full of magic and faeries, where she will uncover the secret of her father’s true identity
|Character and Dialogue||17 points|
|Setting and Description||20 points|
|Plot and Creativity||18 points|
|Technical Ability||20 points|
|Cover and Blurb||19 points|
- Very believable, relatable characters who sound like real people.
- Excellent description with vivid imagery.
- Fast-paced, interesting story with a familiar plot but unique characters
- Excellent technical ability
- Beautiful cover that directly relates to the story and a tight, interesting blurb
Keep Reading for the long review.